Monday, December 12, 2011

Tweaking Things Up



Reflecting on this-and-that over a Big A IPA (Smuttynose) at the Great Lost Bear, it occurred to me that by timing my shooting practice and sandwiching shooting between challenging exercises, I'm practicing missing shots--and I therefore miss a lot of shots during the games. So I'm going to slow down, turn the timer off, take the heart rate monitor off, drop the push-up (and other nasty bits) and just shoot--practice making shots--during my practice for a couple of weeks. Maybe that'll help me shoot better in games.

Anyway, I was 2-2 Saturday, continuing the .500 trend. But I can do better.

A good thing is that I'm getting in really pretty good shape. This lets me drop the fitness component in my basketball practice, provided I continue to hit all my other workouts. Right now I'm fit and fat. A 2012 goal will be to be just fit. And to play more than 200 basketball games and finish over .500.

No comments:

Post a Comment