Friday, December 16, 2011

Improving Fitness



A shortage of geezers yesterday (Thursday) morning resulted in me jumping in the fullcourt game. After two trips up the court I was stunned by just how long the court is. I started daydreaming about golf, the sport 56 year old fat dudes are supposed to be playing (check out the photo of pro golfer John Daly working out). It went okay, though, after the initial shock. I was 2-1, and I was somewhere in the middle of the pack in terms of my ability to contribute to my team.

I'm going to pencil in the Thursday morning fullcourt run as a regular weekly event. It will help improve my overall fitness level, and it is fun. I assume that my body will adjust to the additional running (versus the halfcourt game) if I make it a regular thing. My feet should recover just in time for the Saturday morning game, and the rest of my body is fine.

I'm on a 12 day in a row workout streak, with this morning's full body kettlebell workout (with push-ups and pull-ups) in the bank. I need to keep it going. Next day off is Christmas day!

I'm enjoying the workout variety: basketball; kettlebell; and the rowing machine are all in the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment