Monday, December 19, 2011

A Setback



Minor, I hope: during the game Saturday (2-1, now 37-44) the side of my knee collided with the knee-cap of a geezer moving at full speed. Instant debilitating pain. It still hurts and limits my mobility (it is Monday morning). The good news is that I was able to row this morning so I can maintain fitness until I can get back on the court. I'll try a kettlebell workout tomorrow, and I haven't completely written off this coming Saturday's game, although I'll need a lot of improvement (like being able to walk normally) before I'll attempt it. I thought I was much better by yesterday evening but upon furthher review I now think my temporary feeling of wellbeing was related to the 6-pack of Torpedo Extra IPA I drank while watching the football game.

I am feeling much better than Kim Jong Il, who passed during the night. The fashion world will suffer but there should be no impact to basketball.

No comments:

Post a Comment