Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Two-A-Days






My plan is two workouts a day Monday-Thursday (inclusive). The general pattern is a 30 minute workout in the morning, and a 10 minute "fitness blast" in the early evening on Monday and Wednesday, with my basketball skill workout at noon(ish) on Tuesday and Thursday. Friday morning is a 30 minute workout, and Saturday is gameday. Sunday is an easy day but generally includes a long (more than an hour) walk/bike ride/cross country ski/snowshoe, depending on time of year and weather conditions.

So my MWF morning workout is a warm-up, then 8 X 2 minute on/30 seconds off of bodyweight and Kettlebell work, targeting the whole body but including push-ups and pull-ups.

My Tuesday and Thursday morning workout is a warm-up followed by 5K on the indoor rower (steady state aerobic pace). I stretch my back thoroughly after the rowing sessions.

The warm-ups are 5-10 minutes, and include Jumping-Jacks, hamstring and quad stretches, and some yoga sun salutations.

The 10 minute fitness blast is intense but excuse free (it's always possible to find 10 minutes). It includes Jumping-Jacks, Burpees (you know this one, but there's a picture here--the jump at the end makes them particularly tough), the Turkish Get-Up (picture above right), Dead Cleans, Get-Up Sit-Ups (picture, above, of the 2 dudes finishing this move), and the Snatch (picture labelled in Greek or maybe that's Russian).

I've added a warm-up to my basketball skill workout that includes 20 drop-steps. And a cooldown that includes 3-point shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment