Sunday, November 13, 2011

Result, Analysis, and Recovery





Game day was a success by the most crucial measures: it was a terrific workout; it was fun; and I came away uninjured. I was 1-2, however, which brought my 2011 record to 23-35. Ouch!

I had a pretty good first game and then tailed off as fatigue set in. I need to lengthen the duration of my workouts, I think, to build in more endurance on game day. I'll focus on that this week.

The rest of the day was a tribute to the kind of post-workout recovery possible only here in the great state of Maine. A drive up the coast to the Oxbow Brewery, for tastes of the FPA, the Freestyle #2 (a chocolate stout), and the Oxtoberfest. Had a terrific pulled pork sandwich, catered by the Newcastle Publick House, while there and came away with a growler of FPA. Stopped at the Lion's Pride (Brunswick) for a glass of Hugh Malone on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment