Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Some Explanations Necessary


Ok, some explanations are in order. The Mary Katherine is an explosive lunge named for the SNL charachter.


The Sumo Squat Leap is a leg exercise.

I trick out the Mary Katherines and the Sumo Squat by holding a basketball in my hands, although I'm not sure that does anything.

The Mikan Drill is terrific, and actually challenging cardiovascularly. I do 3 variations. The first is straight on (a conventional lay-up), then the reverse mikan, from underneath the basket, then one that introduces a baby hook shot. I should make every one of these shots, but I don't. George Mikan was the first great big man in the NBA, he played for the Lakers when they were in Minneapolis, and therefore when their name made sense.

The Catch-and-Shoot drill I use is similar to the link here, except that my shots are in and around the paint, and they don't go in as often.

2 comments:

  1. Well, Mary Katherines (with a K) is a great name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True 'dat. I think if I talk (write) like a black street kid it will help my hoop game.

    ReplyDelete