Monday, November 28, 2011

Survive and Move On



The holidays can be challenging to a fitness routine, and this year's Thanksgiving week was no exception. In addition to the normal overindulgence, we added what I fear is a new tradition this year: the pickleback. In this case, a shot of Jim Beam followed immediately by a shot of kosher dill pickle juice. It was, against the odds, really good! The pickle juice has that nice, elusive umami taste.

Anyway, despite the lack of workouts (only 3 all week), the weight gain (a few pounds), and my new holiday pickleback habit, I went 3-2 on Saturday, bringing my 2011 record to 28-39. In addition to the "despites" above, I won games despite wretched shooting on my part. Had I made lay-ups I would've been 5-0. Back to practice this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment