Monday, October 31, 2011

Job One



The most important thing, and perhaps the most challenging thing, in my basketball pursuit is to stay uninjured. Uninjured is a relative term--I'll never feel 100%, but I need to be healthy enough to play regularly.

So my strategy is to play, regularly. 3 times per week is the target. By that I mean to play twice and practice once, or practice twice and play once. And work on my fitness most of the other days of the week. And, of course, to recover appropriately after playing.

My current favorite recovery beverage is an Oxbow Farmhouse Pale Ale, brewed by my friend Tim Adams, in Newcastle. Maine. It's unfiltered, light golden in color,and hoppy, with citrus notes. Refreshing, as a Saison should be, but fullbodied and very smooth despite the sophisticated blend of flavors. At 6% or so ABV, it's a bit much for my recovery beverage of choice after the Saturday morning game but it's perfect after Wednesday night hoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment